I decided to make myself some chocolate brownies. I absolutely love them and so this is going to be a treat for my lunch box.
This recipe uses sweet potato and porridge oats to get the consistency instead of flour.
1kg Sweet Potato
200g Porridge Oats
6 tbsp sweeter
12 dates chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
10 tbsp cacao powder
1. Start by chopping and then par boiling your sweet potato. Also put the oven on 180 or 160 fan.
2. Whilst that is boiling put oats in a blender and blitz. I wanted quite a fine consistency.
3. Then add sweetner, cacao and dates and blitz again quickly.
4. Now add in the oil and egg and blitz 5 seconds
5. Now add sweet potato make sure you have drained it. Blitz until you get a smooth paste.
6. Pour the mixture in a greased tray or lined with parchment paper. Use a spatula to level out the mixture.
Place it in the oven for about 35 minutes. Test by pushing a knife through if it come out clean it’s ready.