As my last journal stated I had observed a lack of energy last week and so I needed to ensure the following three things;
- I was getting enough sleep
- My food was right I was eating enough
- Wasn’t overtraining
So yesterday evening I worked on all three as follows;
- I made sure I went to bed at a reasonable time to get approx 8 hours
- I noticed from my food diary (essential to keep one) that I ate 3 meals in the morning but then nothing until I got home. So I made myself sweet potato cake and portioned it to take for the afternoon.
- Last night I didn’t do any cardio and instead opted for an early night.
Then today I got my cardio in at lunch and then followed this with a weight session tonight. I hit all my numbers feeling strong, I even managed to add 3kg to my incline bench.
Food wise today I ate the following.
2x Bacon Medalions
Pea Isolate Protein shake
Sweet Potato Cake
Dinner (Pre Workout)
Pasta and Chicken
This has nicely allowed me to hit all my macros for the day. I will drop the cardio tomorrow and pick backup Wednesday.