Last week I kept getting hungry and wanting to eat something sweet so I decided this week I would make something I can snack on.
So I have decided to make and apple and sweet potato cake I saw lots of recepies online but nothing that I liked so I decided to come up with my own.
I wanted to add the apple in as it has natural sweetness to is and I have a lot of ripe apples on the tree in my garden.
360g Wholemeal Flour
3 tsp Baking Powder
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Cinnamon
60g Coconut Sugar
300g Grated Apple
350g Grated Sweet Potato
2tsp Vanilla Extract
150ml Skimmed Milk
Calories (Whole Cake) 2197, Fat 24.54g, Carb 395.8g Protein 69.82g
- Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Grate the Apple and Sweet Potato (After staring at the attachments to our Kenwood mixer I realised the grater was for another kitchen implement hence why it didn’t fit together. Doh!)
- Next mix together Flour, Baking Powder, Salt, Cinnamon, Coconut sugar, Sweetner, vanilla extract, eggs and milk. (This was using the Kenwood mixer).
4. Pour the mixture into an oven proof dish rubbed with 1 cal spray to lubricate.
5. Place in the over for approximately 40 minutes. I kept checking with a knife into the middle until it came out clean.
6. Once ready remove from the oven and portion up into sizes you want.