So its Saturday and at last I have managed to get around to making the long awaited mint choc-chip ice cream. I grabbed this recipe from Slimming World magazine it stood out to me as something that looked good and wasn’t laden with sugar. I plan to sit and eat this tonight with a glass of prosecco I cant wait.
So the ingredients required are as follows;
4 Bananas peeled and sliced approx 320g (Need to be frozen for at least 3-4 hours)
3x Mullerlight Toffee Yoghurts
4 Level tbs of sweetner
2 drops peppermint extract
Green food colouring
Mint Leave 1 tbs chopped
2 tbs chocolate chips
Per Serving 111 Calories, 20.5g Carbs, 1.6g Fat, 4.4g Protein
- So first chop up the banana and then freeze for at least 3 hours. I didn’t realise this at first and ended up having to do this day 1 and delay my ice cream making :-(.
- Next chop the mint leaves and add all the ingredients except the chocolate chips to a foo processor.
- I then whizzed it all for about 2 minutes until it was smooth and transfered it to a tube to put into the freezer.
- Once I had it in the tub I mixed in the chocolate chips but left a few to sprinkle across the top.
- I then put it into the freezer ready for later.
Now I just cant wait to eat it, hmmmmm. The process of making this was very easy but you just need to remember the banana need to be frozen first.
Ok so now its frozen its time to enjoy with my glass of prosecco (well it is Saturday). I must say it tastes lovely when I tried it before freezing (couldn’t help myself) the mint was quite a dominant taste. But after the freezing process this has subsided to give a a more subtle taste to the ice cream.